Nature Freedom’s Inclusive Bushwalking program offers short to medium nature walks in the Greater Brisbane region to more challenging hikes designed to fit people’s unique abilities by providing a range of easy to moderate walks in nature. This includes trails suited to people with limited mobility, including those in wheelchairs. Our hikes are not limited to day hikes.
There is a beautiful connection between motion and nature; the physical, mental, and emotional benefits are remarkable.
Nature Freedom reaches out to families and organisations that care for and serve people with disabilities and mental health issues. We welcome both self and plan managed NDIS participants.
Social and physical benefits
- Connection with nature improves mood and well-being
- Disruption of cognitive thinking in nature
- Social connections with other participants
- Shared interests and passion about nature
- Learn about the environment
Activities that are part of our bushwalking events
- Scavenger hunts
- Nature bingo
- Bug hunting
- Identifying bird calls
- Navigation activities
- Flora, fauna and geographical identifications
Check out our What’s On page for our current activities.