Nature Freedom’s Inclusive Bushwalking program offers short to medium local nature walks in the Greater Brisbane region to more challenging hikes designed to fit people’s unique abilities by providing a range of easy to moderate walks in nature. Including suitable trails which cater for people in a wheelchair and other limited mobility. Our hikes are not limited to day hikes
There is a beautiful connection between motion and nature; the physical, mental, and emotional benefits are remarkable.
Nature Freedom reaches out to families and organisations that care for and serve people with a disability and mental health. We welcome NDIS self & plan managed participants.
Social and physical benefits
- Connection with nature improves gentle mood and wellbeing
- Disruption of cognitive thinking in nature
- Social connection with other participants
- Shared interests and passions about nature
- Socio-environmental learnings
Activities associated with bushwalking events
- Scavenger hunt
- Nature bingo
- Bug hunt
- Bird noise identifying
- Navigation activities
- Floral, fauna and geographical identifications
Check out our What’s On page of our current activities.