why choose nature freedom
Nature Freedom is all about inclusion. That is, creating meaningful opportunities for participation in nature for young people living with disabilities and/or mental health issues.
The organisation was founded by Mathew Townsend in 2017. It is based on Mathew’s lived experience, and his belief there should be improved access and inclusive opportunities for people with disabilities and/or mental health issues to allow them to participate in nature-based activities and enhance their prospects of gaining meaningful and worthwhile employment.
Everything we do is based on lived experience and we aim to deliver quality and inclusive activities co-designed by individuals with disabilities and the community. Nature Freedom aims to improve systemic challenges in infrastructure, landscape (natural environment), and employment barriers.
We prioritise collaboration by connecting across Industry, Government, Private and Public Organisations and Community to form strong partnerships and develop better ideas for inclusion.
Through our partnerships and collaborations, we aim to:
- Create fairer and equal workplaces for individuals with a disability and/or mental health issues;
- Develop considered co-designed integrated models for inclusion;
- Challenge approaches to gaining meaningful and worthwhile experiences for people living with a disability and/or mental health issues;
- Focus on lived experiences.
“We believe that everybody deserves equal opportunities. A core element of our programs is establishing and maintaining the individual goals of our participants.”
The benefits of our programs include:
- Our programs provide a neutral and safe space for individuals from all walks of life;
- Lived experience plays a major part of our co-design process in regards to running our organisation, programs, and projects;
- You will be able to make friends, build relationships and/or find career opportunities;
- Your self-esteem and confidence will get a huge boost;
- Inclusion is a key factor in all we do – No one is left behind;
- You will have heaps of fun!